I liked how the chapter talked about history and how it
informs change (pg. 303). This section talked about becoming a change agent to
improve the quality of life for those around us or on a global level. The chapter also talked about leadership
opportunities how the knowledge of lifespan development is essential in
improving various situations. Career choices and how the basic knowledge of
lifespan development will allow you to “have greater insight into what is
developmentally appropriate in a variety of areas” (pg. 305). I thoroughly
appreciated how the financial versus emotional compensation section touched
base on salary difference in various fields versus those in “helping” careers
(pg. 306). This section brought to light the people that go into certain
careers, go into those careers not for the monetary reward but more for the
emotional satisfaction they receive.
Going into the education field I now fully realized how
lifespan development is directly related to all aspects of teaching. From
dealing and understanding children and their parents/caregivers to co workers and
management. All in all this course has given me insight to a greater
understanding of those around me regardless of their age, I now can relate to
everyone on a certain level.
No comments:
Post a Comment